The death of direct mail has been greatly exaggerated.
With telemarketers cut off by “do not call lists” … spam filters and inbox clutter lowering your e-mail open and click-through rates … and less competition in the consumer’s mail box (from 2008 to 2012, the average number of direct mail packages received in U.S. households per week declined almost 36%) ...
… countless marketers are rediscovering the incredible power of direct mail – including sales letters, postcards, magalogs, envelope packages, and many other formats – to generate barrels of leads, sales, orders, and customers like nothing else out there!
Today American companies spend $47 billion a year on direct mail, sending out approximately 80 billion pieces of direct mail annually.
According to the Direct Marketing Association, the average return for direct mail is over $12 in revenue for every $1 invested, based on lifetime customer value, not initial orders. That is a 1,200% ROI.
So direct mail still works today – like gangbusters. And I should know: My name is Bob Bly, and I have been writing winning direct mail promotions for some of the nation’s biggest direct marketers … as well as some of the smallest … for 35 years.
I have a proven track record of increasing my clients’ direct mail response rates by 25% … 50% … and in some cases even 100% to 200% or more.
For example, a sales letter I wrote for IBM to generate leads for Web services pulled 6 times the response of the previous mailing.
A direct mail package I created to sell a course on local area network management for Weka Publishing doubled the response rate of the control.
My “Your Physicians Desk Reference is out of date” mailer for Medical Economics outpulled a control that had been unbeaten for years threefold.
And a mailing campaign I wrote for U.S. West’s disaster recovery services generated a 56% response from C-level executives -- and an immediate $5.6 million in revenues.
Perhaps this is why advertising legend David Ogilvy once said that “after reading [Bob Bly], I am a born-again fundamentalist.”
I’ve written direct mail to sell everything from a $39 bottle of vitamins to a $30 million corporate jet … from a $39 magazine subscription to a mainframe computer – selling products and services to folks ranging from farmers and oil workers to scientists, doctors, and engineers.
And now, in The Direct Mail Marketing Handbook, I want to share with you what I know about writing direct mail copy that sells. If you will let me.
Million dollar copywriter shows you how to get the cash register ringing like mad!
In my e-book The Direct Mail Marketing Handbook, I share with you the “best of the best” of my arsenal of proven direct mail techniques:
- 9 reasons why direct mail has always been a go-to strategy for smart direct marketers. Page 3.
- 10 key advantages of direct mail over general advertising. Page 4.
- 60 ways direct mail can boost your business. Page 12.
- 50 questions to ask and answer before you write your direct mail copy. Page 17.
- 28 techniques for adding punch and power to your direct mail copy. Page 20.
- Do question headlines work? Surprising answer on page 23.
- The thing 41% of your prospects dislike about direct mail that doesn’t convince them to buy. Page 25.
- Why it’s a good idea to target increasingly narrow and vertical markets. Page 26.
- Where in your letter do you place the call to action – beginning, middle, or end? Page 31.
- How to flatter the prospect into buying from you. Page 32.
- 8 ways to make it easy for customers to respond to your mailing. Page 34.
- The 2 most powerful words in the lexicon of direct mail marketing. Page 35.
- Using content marketing as a direct mail tactic. Page 36.
- Best copywriting style for direct mail letters. Page 38.
- 7 rules for reviewing direct mail copy. Page 39.
- A timetable for producing your direct mail package. Page 42.
- 14 factors affecting the cost of your direct mail campaign. Page 43.
- How to personalize your direct mail promotion. Page 47.
- Designing direct mail envelopes that get opened and boost response. Page 48.
- How to create an effective reply element for your DM package. Page 50.
- 15 tips for designing the sales letter. Page 52.
- How to produce a direct mail brochure. Page 53.
- A checklist for proper direct mail package design. Page 55.
- Producing the direct mail package. Page 59.
- What works best – a live stamp, postage meter, or indicia? Third class vs. first class? Page 60.
- What you need to know about business reply mail? Page 62.
- Tips for choosing consumer and business mailing lists. Page 65.
- Renting a list for a small (less than 5,000 pieces) mail campaign. Page 67.
- This is the best mailing list in the world. Don’t neglect to mail to it. Page 68.
- How to keep customer records. Page 70.
- How to rent outside mailing lists. Page 72.
- The 10 types of mailing lists and when to use each. Page 76.
- 14 tips for profitable mailing list use and selection. Page 82.
- The importance of testing in direct mail marketing. Page 84.
- A simple way to track your DM results. Page 85.
- How many pieces must you mail to get a statistically valid test result? Page 88.
- How to forecast mass mailing results after a small test. Page 90.
- 17 variables to test in direct mail. Which 3 are the most important? Page 91.
- 10 essential rules of direct mail testing. Page 93.
- And more….
The $5,000-a-letter DM expert you can “hire” for only $29
So what is all that really worth to you?
Well, clients routinely pay me anywhere from $2,500 to $7,500 – and sometimes much more than that – to write a single sales letter for them.
But it won’t cost you $7,500 … or $2,500 … or even $250 to learn my most powerful direct mail copywriting secrets – copywriting techniques you can use to boost your response rates in mailer after mailer.
That’s because the list price of The Direct Mail Marketing Handbook is only $59.
But order today and you can get it for just $29 … nearly half off the cover price. That’s less than I charge for just 5 minutes of my time.
Our 100% iron-clad guarantee of satisfaction
Plus, your satisfaction is fully guaranteed. If not 100% delighted, simply let me know within 90 days.
I’ll refund your $29 in full without question or quibble. And you can keep the e-book free – my way of saying “thanks” for giving my material a try. That way, you risk nothing.
To order The Direct Mail Marketing Handbook on a risk-free trial basis, just click below now:
P.S. Order The Direct Mail Marketing Handbook today, and you get a 2 FREE Bonus Reports:
FREE Bonus Report #1, 10 Steps to Planning and Executing a Winning Direct Mail Promotion (list price: $15).
In this new special report, you’ll master a proven, battle-tested process for producing winning direct mail campaigns that generate more responses, leads, orders, and sales while crushing your controls, including:
- 10 steps to creating a breakthrough direct mail package. Page 2.
- The CAST system for determining the right medium for your next marketing campaign. Page 4.
- 11 marketing performance metrics you should measure. Page 5.
- What products sell best through direct mail marketing? Page 7.
- How to set measureable goals and performance metrics for DM campaigns. Page 9.
- Targeting tips: aiming your DM package squarely at prospects who are the most likely to buy. Page 11.
- Selecting the right mailing lists for your direct mail campaign. Page 13.
- Finding the right format, tone, and style for your DM promotion. Page 13.
- Picking the right sales appeals to use in your copy. Page 14.
- Identifying supporting or secondary sales points. Page 16.
- Understanding the difference between features and benefits. Page 17.
- How to create irresistible direct mail offers. Page 18.
- 79 different winning offers to choose from for your direct mail promotions. Page 21.
- Planning the campaign: schedule, timing, and budget. Page 24.
- And so much more….
FREE Bonus Report #2: Using Direct Mail to Generate Sales Leads (list price: $15).
The most common application of direct mail for small businesses is generating sales leads, not mail order selling. In this guide to lead generation, you will discover:
- 7 proven direct mail tactics for generating more sales leads. Page 6.
- How much copy should be in your lead-generating letter – long or short? Page 8.
- Creating a budget for your next lead generation campaign. Page 15.
- How to write a letter offering a free information kit. Page 10.
- What’s the best response mechanism for lead generation – mail or phone? Page 9.
- How to get prospects to come to your free workshop or seminar. Page 12.
- Do three-dimensional and bulky mailing work? Page 14.
- 17questions to ask before launching your lead generation campaign. Page 16.
- And so much more….
Best of all, you can keep these 2 bonus reports FREE even if you request a refund on my Direct Mail Marketing Handbook! That way, you have everything to gain, and nothing to lose.
To order the Handbook … and claim your FREE Bonus Reports … just click below now: